Cisco IP Telephony (CIPT), Second Edition, is a Cisco®-authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCVP IP telephony foundation learning. This book provides you with the knowledge needed to install, configure, and maintain a Cisco IP telephony solution. By reading this book, you will gain a thorough understanding of Cisco Unified CallManager version 4.1, the call routing and signaling component for the Cisco IP telephony solution.
Cisco IP Telephony (CIPT) expands your knowledge of voice over IP (VoIP) and public switched telephone network (PSTN) components and technologies. This book teaches you how to describe, install, configure, and support Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1 in a Cisco network including such features as security and video; how to configure gateways, gatekeepers, and switches; and how to build route plans to place intra- and intercluster Cisco IP phone calls. Chapter review questions, detailed configuration examples, network diagrams, and thorough explanations help reinforce learning.
- Examine design strategies behind a Cisco Unified CallManager cluster, cluster replication, and Cisco Unified CallManager deployment models
- Perform Cisco Unified CallManager server installations and upgrades
- Learn the features of all Cisco IP Phones, the IP phone startup process, and audio codec communication
- Add IP phone users and apply bulk moves, adds, and changes
- Configure Cisco gateways and trunks
- Design and configure Cisco Unified CallManager route plans
- Implement telephony call restrictions and control
- Effectively coordinate multisite deploymentsConfigure user features, Cisco Unified CallManager Attendant, and Cisco IP Manager Assistant
- Secure the Windows operating system and Cisco Unified CallManager administration
- Prevent toll fraud and harden the IP phone against attack
- Configure Cisco Unified CallManager to support video
- Monitor performance and configure alarms, traces, and CAR
Cisco Press – Authorized Self-Study Guide Cisco IP Telephony (CIPT), 2nd Edition Free Download Link