An arsenal of study aids for anyone preparing to take the CompTIA A+ certification exams Written by a team of industry experts, this unparalleled study guide offers you a systematic approach to preparing for the CompTIA A+ certification, and includes real-world scenarios, hands-on exercises, challenging chapter review questions, plus a CD with Sybex’s custom test engine to reinforce all of the concepts you learn.
Publication Date: October 19, 2009 | ISBN-10: 0470486481 | ISBN-13: 978-0470486481 | Edition: 1
This Deluxe Edition of the bestselling CompTIA A+ Study Guide features bonus practice exams, flashcards, and a bonus CD with more than an hour of instructional video of key hands-on tasks.
Covering all exam objectives, study guide focuses on the new best practices and places a strong emphasis on current software including Windows 7. Inside this guide you’ll learn how to:
- Identify and understand PC system components, including motherboards, processors, memory, and cooling systems.
- Identify and understand storage devices, power supplies, display devices, and adapters.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot desktops, laptops, and portable devices.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot printers.
- Install and configure operating systems including Windows 2000, XP, Vista, and Windows 7.
- General troubleshooting theory and preventive maintenance.
- Troubleshooting operating systems, hardware, printers, and laptops.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot networks
- Set up and maintain network security
- Master essential operational procedures for PC technicians
- Communicate professionally with co-workers and clients