Published: Nov 9, 2004 | Copyright 2005 | Dimensions: 7-3/8" x 9-1/8" | Pages: 768 | Edition: 1st
End-to-End QoS Network Design is a detailed handbook for planning and deploying QoS solutions to address current business needs. This book goes beyond discussing available QoS technologies and considers detailed design examples that illustrate where, when, and how to deploy various QoS features to provide validated and tested solutions for voice, video, and critical data over the LAN, WAN, and VPN.
Best-practice QoS designs for protecting voice, video, and critical data while mitigating network denial-of-service attacks
- Understand the service-level requirements of voice, video, and data applications
- Examine strategic QoS best practices, including Scavenger-class QoS tactics for DoS/worm mitigation
- Learn about QoS tools and the various interdependencies and caveats of these tools that can impact design considerations
- Learn how to protect voice, video, and data traffic using various QoS mechanisms
- Evaluate design recommendations for protecting voice, video, and multiple classes of data while mitigating DoS/worm attacks for the following network infrastructure architectures: campus LAN, private WAN, MPLS VPN, and IPSec VPN
Quality of Service (QoS) has already proven itself as the enabling technology for the convergence of voice, video, and data networks. As business needs evolve, so do the demands for QoS. The need to protect critical applications via QoS mechanisms in business networks has escalated over the past few years, primarily due to the increased frequency and sophistication of denial-of-service (DoS) and worm attacks.
Cisco Press – End-to-End QoS Network Design: Quality of Service in LANs, WANs, and VPNs eBook PDF Free Download
(Change “hxxp” to “http”) hxxp://www.4shared.com/file/jqMGWmA7/Cisco_Press_-_End-to-End_QoS_N.html