Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN), Second Edition, is a Cisco®-authorized, self-paced learning tool for CCDA® foundation learning. This book provides you with the knowledge needed to design enterprise networks. By reading this book, you will gain a thorough understanding of designing routed and switched network infrastructures and services within a modular architecture.
In Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN), Second Edition, you will study a broad range of network design principles and guidelines. You will learn about network design in the context of the Cisco Service-Oriented Network Architecture (SONA) framework and the Cisco Enterprise Architecture. Specific topics include campus and data center infrastructure, remote connectivity, IP addressing design, routing protocol selection, voice network design, wireless network design, and including security in your designs. An ongoing case study plus chapter-ending review questions illustrate and help solidify the concepts presented in the book.
- Understand the Cisco vision of intelligent networks and the SONA framework
- Learn how to structure and modularize network designs within the Cisco Enterprise Architecture
- Design basic campus and data center networks
- Build designs for remote connectivity with WAN technologies
- Create IPv4 addressing schemes
- Understand IPv6 design
- Select the appropriate routing protocol for various modules in the Cisco Enterprise Architecture
- Design basic VoIP and IP telephony networks
- Understand wireless design principles
- Build security into your network designs
(Change “hxxp” to “http”) hxxp://www.4shared.com/office/vVOike2X/Cisco_Press_-_Designing_for_Ci.html